Sunday 18 May 2014

Pure Sunshine with Simon Says Stamp...

have a great day
Hey!

I hope you've had or are having a wonderful weekend. Mine has been full of sunshine both outdoors and indoors. Confused? Well Simon Says Stamp have just released their new collection: Pure Sunshine. I can't quite believe it, but I was lucky enough to score some pure sunshine from SSS in the mail inviting me to join in the release fun. A total surprise! So pure sunshine has been inside at my desk as I've been busy with the fabulous Scribble Flowers stamp set and coordinating Scribble Flowers die set. 

Today's creations focus on the die set. I can't get over how versatile those shapes are and I always love to get more bang for my buck by being able to use dies alone without the stamp set. So first up is a simple card that was inspired by the famous art piece by Wassily Kandinsky - Colour Study: Squares and Concentric Circles (1913).


Now it's loosely based on this concept as I omitted the squares and changed the colour but you get the idea, right? :)

So after these dies reminded me of such a iconic piece of art work I then got thinking to food. It doesn't take much for me to think of food but these dies totally had me thinking of eggs and bacon.

we belong together

Hee hee! Yup, scribble flowers transform into eggs and bacon before your very eyes! The egg was easy-peasy and create and the bacon was created by colouring some stems with Promarkers and gluing them together.

we belong together close up

I added a couple of details with the help of Glossy Accents for a shiny yolk and my clear Wink of Stella pen for some sizzling, shining fat on my bacon. Yummy! :)

we belong together closer

And after creating this card, I simply had to stop to eat - ha!

I have more creations to share later that use the beautiful Scribble Flowers stamp set but I'll have to share them later: I'm getting hungry again! ;)

Thank you so much for stopping by here today. Every single visit/comment is truly appreciated! :)

Signature2




Products Used
N.B I've listed products that are available here as well as across the pond in the USA via Amazon. They appear below as multiples of the same product - just click on the one based on your location. :)







8 comments:

Lynn said...

So clever...love how you stretched the dies. Fabulous Aimes!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love your cards, Aimes, so creative! I'm loving the new products!

Maureen said...

lol, I have to laugh this morning, Duchess...seeing the bacon and eggs as I wait for my eggs to cook! The most delicious card you've made since the sushi! Love the artistic reference of the first one...SSS and the Duchess, a match made in Heaven! ox

Virginia L. said...

You are so CREATIVE, Aimes!! I love how you used the dies, especially the eggs and bacon.....you can't beat that!

Meghan said...

Great cards and great job showcasing the versatility of these stamps & dies!

~amy~ said...

I love them, both!!!

Sandy said...

Omg crazy cute!!!

KnitterPam said...

Oh my gosh, the first card caught my eye - love the colors and circles, but the bacon card! seriously, so cute!!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.