Monday 1 March 2010

Brothers: rough around the edges!

Hey!

Happy Monday! Well I'm still recovering from the most AMAZING game of ice-hockey last night - Canada v. USA. I'm only glad that I was pretty much on the fence with who won (edging ever-so-slightly towards the Canadians ;D)! To all of my Canadian readers, congrats not only on the ice hockey but on hosting an amazing Winter Olympics too! It's scary to think that it's our turn in two years time...eek!

So onto today's card - I'm starting to hit the peak season for needing masculine cards. I've come to the conclusion that nice and simple, a bit rough around the edges are not only features of my brothers, but features that work well for their cards too LOL!


Cue a distressing tool, a little bit of twill (nothing too ribbony/satin/girlie) and voila, a card for my middle brother (I'm stuck in that middle with him!) The more I look at it, the more I want to add paper piercing around the edges of that kraft panel...too late now anyways as the card is in his possession!

Card Recipe
(All PTI Supplies)
Stamps: Star Prints/Daily Designs Sentiments
Ink: Enchanted Evening/Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening/Kraft
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Twill Ribbon
/3D foam pads

Hope you all have a fab week! I hope to be back soon with some more creations - just gotta make 'em first LOL!

Ooh and I REALLY am enjoying looking at your first creations you've linked up - sorry I can't comment on all of them due to time but be assured that I'm sneaking a peek ;D

Thanks so much for stopping by to this little ol' corner of Blogland!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

19 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

You are so right, simple and rugged is a great look for male cards and this is a real hit xx

shery said...

nice card

Alex said...

Great male card Aimes, hope your start to the week has been good.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Vicki said...

Oow great card Aimes, why are they so difficult? (in more ways than one....lol) Loving the layout, so simple and yet fabby!!

Hugs
Vicki x

Emma said...

Hiya my lovely,

Don't you dare touch a pinkie more on this magnificent creation. My heart sighs with love for the kraft and the distressing - again you own this set :D

Take care and I too was biting my nails at then end of the hockey match - awesome.

Cammie said...

Perfect details for a masculine card! This card doesn't need anything else you silly girl. Have a good week.

Daniela F. said...

Clean style, kraft cardstock and distressing is so perfect for a masculine card and in addition you rock that star prints set everytime you use it!! Have a great week, too :)

~amy~ said...

fabbie masculine card girlie!!!

Luckily I'm a Canadian living in the US...I was cheering for both teams:)

Maureen said...

ah, twill is very manly...and distressing as well...a lot of thought goes into masculine cards for sure...and you have to resist the urge to put any frilly....this is a great card for the men in our lives. Thanks for cheering for us!! You were the one extra fan that helped us win :) It could've gone either way...the two teams were evenly matched. And how about my curlers? Disappointing for the women...but still a good show :) Kevin Martin's team is on such a role...I'm sure the other team that gets to go to the Canadian men's tournament from Martin's province is happy he was busy with the Olympics :)

Terri said...

Great guy card! I don't think it needs anything else I would leave it as is.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Awesome card!

xoxo

Julie said...

Amies,
What a great card for a brother - this is where i always strugle but you've hit the nail on the head - it's perfect and i'm sure your brother loves it!! Take Care - Ju xx

Rhonda said...

Nice card. I like the blue and kraft.

Taheerah said...

Great card for your brother Aimes, the colours are ruggedness really make it perfectly masculine. You know, I need to make a birthday card for my brother too - I'm only just under 3 weeks late, that's not so bad right? Ha! I don't know why I keep forgetting to make his card lol!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute! Such a great card for a man!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card for a male. I'll be casing it too as I have many masculine cards to make up for upcoming birthdays!

Sharron said...

Guy cards are ALWAYS difficult! This one works great--perfect colors too!

Caryn said...

Wow Aimes, this is a great card for one of "them"! I never know what do to awkward things that they are! I may borrow this idea now that I have the star prints set- woohoo!
I put all my buttons together in a drawer and almost wept when I saw them altogether, they're just sooo Pretty!
Hugs, Caryn xxx

Vanessa said...

Super male card, Aimes! Haha, just like me - when the card isn`t in my possession any more or already entered to a challenge I have the best ideas how to make it better! But I like yours the way it is!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.