Monday 15 March 2010

My Guest DT Spot!

Hey!

Happy Monday!

Blink and you may just miss it, but it's my lil' moment of fame as a Guest DT for the CAS Design Team over at Splitcoast Stampers! I can't tell you how excited I am and how honoured I feel to have been asked by Jen - thanks so much, Jen!

So for the CAS Challenge today (they're issued every Monday here) we have a St Patrick's Theme goin' down! All creations must feature any shade of White/Cream, Green and Brown. Creations can be for any occasion so don't feel restricted to St Patrick's Day cards! Pretty open scope eh?! Why not play along too?!

Well with this brief in mind, I couldn't resist inking up my new Studio Style set:


I dunno if you can tell, but I covered my jars in Glossy Accents to make them glass-like. It looks much cooler IRL, and my photography doesn't do a good job catching it so I'll just have to hope you can imagine it LOL! (Check out the jar on the far left to get a basic idea!)

I'll confess that my lack of patience made this the card that's taken me the longest to make, EVER! I just couldn't wait for those darn Glossy Accents to dry; I bodged up 3 button jars, I kid you not! I even resorted to putting them in the fridge!!! Well I guess the saying goes, patience is a virtue...maybe I should learn from it!

Card Recipe
All PTI Supplies
Stamps: Studio Style
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Card: White
Accessories: Glossy Accents/Promarkers/Dark Chocolate Twill


Ooh now I'm thinking I could do this layout in a number of different colour combos - how fun would Raspberry Fizz buttons look against Aqua Mist buttons?! The possibilities are endless!

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share my little piece of fun news with y'all, I really appreciate it!

I promise to be back soon - actually got a backlog of cards to post up here! Also hoping to be popping in on your wonderful blogs and checking out what you've all been up to, it's been far too long!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

28 comments:

~amy~ said...

Woot woot for your guest dt spot!! Love your fabbie card!! P.S. I'm not patient either....I don't like to wait for things to dry.

Emma said...

Yay - you go girl. My sweet Aime's is being coveted by all the best people and it is truly deserved - you are so amazingly talented :D

I have only yet stroked this set and can't wait to get inky too - looking fabulous as always :D

Emma x

Vicki said...

Hey you fab card, I just love this stamp set it's soooo cool and I can image how fab the glossy accents looks.

Hugs
Vicki x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is so great, I'm glad you perceviered as it's so eye catching. What a great stamp set too, I saw this during the celebrations on Nicholes blog and thought ummm, may have to get that lol!
Great idea to use the glossy accents, hope your fridge didn't get too shiny ;)
xx

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

absolument superbe, bravo Aimes

Liz said...

Congratulations Aimes! Way to go!! Love how you put the sentiment in the middle of the ribbon like that. Fun!

Kate Lewis said...

Congrats honey, and thoroughly deserved - I love your CAS style! A great challenge for you with it featuring green!

I'm going to run and grab my Glossy Accents, I'd totally forgotten about them but LOVE how you've used them on this card. A fab fab project! Speak soon! K xxx

Linda W said...

Congratulations Aimes! It's fabulous. Talk about patience, coloring all those itty-bitty buttons must have taken a ton! Great job!!

Taheerah said...

lol at you putting them in the fridge Aimes, you must have been getting pretty desperate by then!! All's well that ends well though and those buttons look really good in earth tones!

I made a CAS card with this set the other week, I think you'll like it when you get a chance to catch up!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute card with all those buttons! Jars do look great with the clear accent finish on them. And congrats on being a Guest Designer!

Heather P. said...

Such a fabby card! Congrats on the guest DT spot!! :)

Sara Mac said...

Great card Aimes! It must have taken you a while to color all the buttons AND wait for the glossy accents to dry. I love how it turned out. Congrats on the CAS DT spot. You are a perfect fit.

AuroraDawn said...

Many congrats on your guest DT spot Aimes :O)

I love that card, that set is just fantastic.

GEMMA said...

This is a lovely card Aimes, the other colour combos would look great too. Well done on your DT spot - you deserve it! Love Gem x

BethieJ said...

CONGRATS Aimes!! Your card is so CUTE! I didnt get this set.. and am so REGRETTING it.. I think I need to go put in my cart.. for the 3rd order this month! ;)

Carly said...

Amy this is just gorgeous!! I just love your blog and all your pretty PTI creations!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Dont you just love this stamp set?!?!

Alex said...

Congrats on your Guest DT Spot! Fab card, what a fun stamp set and I love your Glossy Accents effect on the glass jars Aimes :)

Have a good week,

Alex x

Sharron said...

Aimes, congratulations on your guest spot! Your card is AWESOME! What a fun set to use and the glossy jars look fabulous.

Terri said...

Congratulations on your guest spot.
Great job on the card too! Definitely Clean and Simple!

Diane Jaquay said...

Congrats on your guest spot! LOVE this card!

Cammie said...

Congrats, on your guest spot Aimes. I'm sure there are many more such honors in your future. I was looking at the photo before reading the process and thought wow, those jars of buttons look so real. The Glossy Accents was a great idea, even if using it tried your patience. The final result is one fabbo card!

Rhonda said...

Aimes, Congrats on the DT spot. Super cute card.

Vanessa said...

Oh, my talented friend! Congratulations on your guest spot!! Love your cute card!!

Hugs,
Vanessa x

Caryn said...

High five on the GDT spot Aimes - well deserved. Love the card too - didn't think I needed that set but now I'm not so sure!! Lol. Fabulous card.

Big hugs,
Caryn xxx

Dana said...

You truly deserve all the limelight you can get girly! You are a bucket o' talent! This card is so fun...I love how you made the jars look like jars with glossy accents, even if you don't have the patience to let it dry lol

Daniela F. said...

Congrats again on your Guest DT spot! I love how you cut the ribbon to accentuate the sentiment. The Glossy Accents gives so much dimension to the jars and I bet it even looks better in reality compared to the photo. Fabulous card!!

Quilter422 said...

congrats on the GDT spot! And I love your take on the button jars - the glossy accents idea is fabulous! I'll be casing this for sure.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.