Sunday 7 March 2010

Damask Delights...

Hey!

Hope you've all had a good weekend! I've been busy making the most of the glorious sunshine we've had here today, but that's not to say I haven't found a spot of time to get inky!

I decided to play along with Becky's Compose A Card Challenge #6. I like how you get an accurate recipe of ingredients and then just see where it takes ya:

I loved the idea of embossing with white ep on soft stone cardstock, it's so subtle but so pretty too.I was nearly done with this card but felt it needed something else...I dared to ink up a big Damask Design and stamp over my embossed panel (with my breath held tight LOL!) I'm not sure if I like it, but it provides more of a focal point anyways! Oh and I distressed the edges a bit with Enchanted Evening ink too - I think I must be on a distressing kick at the mo!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Damask Designs
Ink: Versamark/Enchanted Evening
Card: Enchanted Evening/Soft Stone/Stamper's Select White
Accessories: Enchanted Evening Satin Ribbon/Enchanted Evening Vintage Button/Martha Stewart Punch/White Detail EP/White Gel Pen


Just a quick post tonight, it's late and I need to sleep! So wish I could watch the Oscars tonight but I'd be a walking zombie for work tomorrow if I did, darn that time difference!

Thanks soooooo much for stopping by! Be sure to stop by soon when I draw a winner for my Blog Candy and we also have a new challenge on our PTI blog!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

it's absolutely perfect!

Taheerah said...

Ooooh Aimes, I love it!! Very brave to go with that big damask but it totally paid off I think! Gives you a little break from CAS too, haha!

Hasn't it been *wonderful* having some sunshine this weekend?! I even had to put the cool air on for a minute in my car! Now I really can't wait for Summer, lol!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the damask image over the smaller ones. Perfect!

Lisa Petrella said...

Great job on this challenge!! And kudos to you for experimenting!!! That's the best way to learn! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa said...

This is beautiful Aimes! I love the big damask over the embossed ones and the ribbon/border combo is gorgeous! I really struggled with this challenge, which is a pity as EE is my fav!!

Dana said...

*gasp* this is stunning! I LOVE that you stamped over your embossed part...it looks so shabby chic!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely stunning card. I love the finishing touches that you added. Really beautiful details.

Sharron said...

Wow Aimes, I love it! The blue damask and distressing gives the card an icy feel--very cool effect!! And what fun to try something new!

Terri said...

Very cool! Glad to hear the warm weather has found it way to you too! Now if it would just stick around for awhile.

Lori said...

Gorgeous card Aimes!! :)

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVE that larger damask image stamped on top of the background, such a cool look!

Vanessa said...

So beautiful and elegant! Love the blue and cream! I never ever watched the Oscars and always wanted to! Always had to work the next day and now I am too exhausted because of my little monkey! Ha, we have to go there one day ;)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Julie said...

Aimes,
I love the card, the damask really worked - the card looks so classy.
Have a great week.
Ju xxx

Monica Gale said...

Aim that is truly stunning!! love it xx

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Gosh.... what a beautiful card!

xoxo

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Another stunner there Aimes, those colours are great,I thought "WOW" when i saw it! Love it xx

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card Aimes, just loving the colour combo and I do like your damask stamp it always looks so elegant!

Hugs
Vicki x

Cammie said...

Good decision to stamp the large damask design. The card is so lovely! I always like distressed elegant look. Hope your week is off to a good start.

Rhonda said...

So glad you were brave!!! It turned out so great.

Emma said...

So priddy - it reminds of antique lace. What a creative and stunning result Aimes

xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amy! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Maureen said...

great experiment!! Love that damask set...fabulous border and ribbon treatment...all works for me :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.