Wednesday 3 March 2010

A Shameless CASE!

Hey!

Happy Wednesday! Oh the weekend is edging ever closer....;D

I'm going to confess that today's card is a shameless CASE of Maile Belles...I really wanted to take part in the PTI Blog Hop last month (which was to pick a member of the PTI DT and put your own stamp (pun intended LOL!) on one of their creations) but time was against me. So this is a very late entry for the hop. Well, better late than never eh?

(Apologies for the poor lighting!) My card was inspired by this card; I just used a different stamp set! It's obviously not in the league of the original creation but it was fun to just stamp away :D


Card Recipe
(All PTI Supplies)
Stamps: Friends 'til the End
Ink: Summer Sunrise/Raspberry Fizz
Cardstock: Vintage Cream/Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain Ribbon/Pink Gems/Decorative Scissors
/3D Foam Pads

My shameless CASE was also made for a new kinda challenge set by Lisa Johnson (one of my fave of the PTI DT, though I admire them all of course!) entitled Poppy Seed Challenge. You just gotta plant these 3 poppy seeds in your creation:

Easy, peasy, right?! Well I think I've planted at least one seed of each so I'll leave this card to bloom!

OK that's all from me today, but I'd like to direct you to someone else who took the same card as inspiration and really put their own spin on it; Taheerah produced a gorgeous card that incorporates both this card and another of Maile's that really rocked! Go check it out!

Thanks so much for visiting! I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

33 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Aimes,
You've done a great job - the card is gorgeous - I love the girliness of it - very cute.
Take Care - Ju xx

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

wow,this card look so sweet. simple yet totally sweet!

Taheerah said...

Great CASE Aimes, this card really works with Friends 'Til The End!

And oh my God, *thank you* for the shout-out about my card - I'm truly honoured and touched!! I had to read that part twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things, lol!!

Emma said...

Hiya my lovely,

Maile would be honoured by this stunning creation of yours. I love how many amazing projects you make with your sets.

Take care,

Emma x

Daniela F. said...

Awesome CASE, Amy!! Love that dainty big bow! Once again, you're so skilled with a stamp sets I struggle with. Hugs, Dana xx
Btw, no major damage caused by the hurricane - only some broken flower pots. We were safely tucked inside the house :)

Melissa said...

Very pretty Aimes! I love this with those flowers! I often find that after seeing the DT's stunning creations, I have to CASE their cards and get it out of my system before I can move on and make something more original, LOL! Hope you are doing well!

~amy~ said...

oh girlie...I love it...you know I haven't inked up that set for awhile...soooo many toys...not enough time to play!

Ted said...

Aimes, I love the colors in this card and how you tied everything (colors) with the bow. So beautiful! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty card! I'd say you have all the 'seeds' for Lisa's challenge well covered.

Heather P. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is stunning Aimes, I love those colours together. I was hoping to do the blog hop too but staying up until 2am wasn't too inviting so I gave it a miss. Wouldn't it be nice if they changed the time for us Europeans! xx

IamDerby said...

Really pretty amy!

Maureen said...

Amy, this is gorgeous!!! CASE or no CASE...I LOVE your delicious ribbon...is it cherry or strawberry ;) YUM!! I went in the blog hop for the first time this year too...hoping I had a better chance of winning a free set among 120 participants than 1020 commenters during release week :) You are so talented and I love your work :)

Jennifer K said...

So pretty, Aimes. Love the background of flowers in all the different colors. I'm sure you did Maile proud in your CASE of her card! :)

Nadine said...

Very nice CASE of Maile's! Love that big gorgeous bow you've got rockin'. And adding the bling to the sentiment is a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Great job. Maile would be proud Im sure!

Anonymous said...

Love those colors together. Beautiful!

Paulina said...

it is Beautifully, gracefully.
Anything superfluous. Сool!=)

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

I don't blame you for CASEing Maile's card. It's so beautiful and so is your version. I like the extra bling you added to your sentiment. I may have to CASE both cards myself.

Dana said...

I think you did a bang up job here Aimes. It's wonderful and totally "on par" with Maile's card.

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful colors!! Love it.

shery said...

nice card

Maile Belles said...

You did make me proud girl!!! What a gorgeous card!

shannon said...

beautiful card! love the colors, ribbon and bling!

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful no doubt about it!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful case!!!

Terri said...

Great case! Love how this flower looks too!

Rhonda said...

So very pretty. It just sings spring.

Sherry said...

Very pretty!!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

ta carte est vraiment géniale, j'adooore

peggysue said...

Lovely! The strips of white you left on the top and bottom help the main panel pop so nicely.

Sara Mac said...

Aimes this is beautiful! I think we all want to CASE this one from Maile.

La Vikinga said...

Lovely card!

I wish I could win that one in a blogcandy...

La Vikinga

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.