Wednesday 17 March 2010

Not a St. Patrick's Day Card...

Hey!


Happy St Patrick's Day to all of you who celebrate it! It's certainly been a green-themed day at work today with a bit of Irish Stew thrown in for good measure at dinner time (I guess serving pints of the good black stuff too isn't allowed in a school LOL!)


Now I would share a St Patrick's Day card but we don't really tend to celebrate it that much (though we tend to celebrate it more than our own national day!). Though as my guy is part Irish I use that as my excuse to join in the partying side rather than the card-giving side! I've found that the Irish certainly know how to party ;D


So what to share with you today then?! How about the cards I made for Mother's Day last Sunday? You've probably already seen them on our PTI Blog, but if you haven't you can see them now!


Firstly, this one was for Chris' mum:

Do you recognise it? Yup, CASED my own take on one of Maile Belles' cards that I'd done previously! I just had so much fun stamping away that all that needed changing was the sentiment!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Friends 'til the End
Ink: Raspberry Fizz/Summer Sunrise
Card: Vintage Cream/Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain Ribbon/Doodlebug Transfers/Decorative Scissors/3D Foam Pads


This was the card made for my mum (remember, she's a fan of pink so although this isn't my style, it's certainly hers!)
I don't own a scalloped border die yet (hoping it's on it's way to me ;D) so resorted to cutting a rectangular nestie instead. The sentiment hides the join - clever eh?!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Daily Designs/Daily Designs Sentiments
Ink: Sweet Blush/Spring Rain/Versamark
Card: Sweet Blush/Vintage Cream/Sweet Blush Bitty Dot Basics/Spring Rain
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/White Detail EP/Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon/3D Foam Pads


Well, I hope you like them! I think the mums did! I'll be back soon as I have a couple of cards yet to share with you (including another dreaded masculine one!)

Thanks so much for visiting! I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh such fabbie Mum's day card girlie!!!!

Jennifer K said...

These are both lovely cards, Aimes. Even though the pink card may not be your style - you sure did a great job with it.

AuroraDawn said...

Two super gorgeous cards, I especially love the first one, I'm going to have to CASE that one myself :O)

Heather P. said...

Such pretty cards!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Lovely cards, Amy! =)

Taheerah said...

Seems like your hoping paid off Aimes - our dies arrived today, woo hoo!!! :D

I did really enjoy seeing these cards for the second time, they're very pretty!

Caryn said...

Gorgeous the pair of them. I ADORE Maile's style, she's my favourite of the DT I have to say (though they're all awesome). I also am anxiously waiting for my scalloped dies to come - can't wait to play with the felt!!

Big hugs,
Caryn xxx

Anika said...

Very pretty cards! I especially like the first one - that floral background is so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

these are both beautiful cards

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What sweet cards for the mums! I like them both. Very different styles. Love your idea too to use a square nesty to make the scalloped border.

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. I bet both moms loved them!

Emma said...

Mmmm super delish as always my sweet and I bet the Mum's were chuffed with them :D

Talk about upstairs for thinking on that scallop border - pure genius.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Hi my sweet Aimes, tes cartes sont vraiment fabuleuses, tu es une belle source d'inspiration
I very like them, bravo

peggysue said...

Pretty! I hadn't seen the one with the boots. And yes, I am looking forward to seeing hte masculine card. :)

Alex said...

Both cards are lovely Aimes, I'm sure they went down well with the Mums :)

Hope you're well,

Bye for now,

Alex x

Maureen said...

I love this, even if it's not a St. Patrick's day card :) I hope you enjoy the day more now that you know it's my day :) AND you were lucky to win the blog candy...we drank green beer at a new Irish pub in town :) So fun!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.