Sunday 14 March 2010

Butterfly Bliss!

Hey!

Phew! What a super busy week it's been - so sorry I've been a little M.I.A this past week but it's just been one thing after another!

I will confess that I did have a sneaky night off my busy week to attend one of the SU Events here in Sheffield. Well, it'd be rude not to when it was literally down the road from me! I had a fab time getting inky. It was also fabulous to meet a few familiar faces in real life too - *big waves* to Monica and Jules! Your demos were wonderful and a pleasure to watch! It did feel kinda strange being on such a tight time limit with stamping, it made me realise what a perfectionist and slow coach I am when it comes to stamping LOL!!!

So this weekend has been super busy too! Not only have I just returned from celebrating Mother's Day with my own mum (if you wanna sneak peek of my Mother's Day Cards check out the PTI Blog ;D I'll post 'em up here later!), but I've been busy celebrating another brother's birthday too! Yup, cue another tough masculine card to share with you very soon....

But enough of cards I'm planning to share with you in the future, how about a card to share now?!

Mmmmmm, I have to say I'm in Butterfly Heaven with my new Butterfly Dreams Set! Y'see, I kinda have a thing for Butterflies...dunno why exactly. Maybe it's because I like to believe that everyone can blossom into something beautiful or maybe it's because of my vivid memory of calling them Flutterbies when I was little because that's what my Dad told me they were called! (He did get a little ear-bashing from my mum for teaching me the wrong word LOL!) Anyways, I love 'em and I have to confess I love this card a little too!

This qualifies for the recent challenge set by our PTI Peeps group. The challenge was to use orange zest for a feminine card with brownie points if you could get spring rain in there along with tea. Now I don't own a tea themed set *gasp*! so I'm qualifying for just the one brownie point ;D Using the bright, bold colour as just an accent really balances the colours well, as well as letting that orange butterfly take center stage:


I can't capture just how sparkly those butterflies are IRL! My centre butterfly is covered in Glossy Accents so it's super sparkly AND super shiny! *sigh* I just can't stop adoring it in the light!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams
Ink: Memento Black
Card: White/Spring Rain/Orange Zest
Accessories: Versamark Pen/Copic Spica Clear Pen/Fine Line Black Pen/Glossy Accents


Stay tuned because it's my moment of fame tomorrow! I'm gonna be the Guest Designer for the CAS Team over on Splitcoast Stampers - sooooo excited and I can't wait to share my card with you tomorrow!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

P.S If you've got a mo, please take a look at my good bloggin' buddy, Maureen's delicious Blog Candy! Not only will you be drooling over the candy, but you'll be drooling over her creations too!

21 comments:

Terri said...

Great job! I love butterflies too! I didn't even know this butterfly was in that set. I definitely have to start using it now. The middle butterfly looks fabulous with the glossy accent too!

Taheerah said...

Great card Aimes - love how that middle butterfly stands out! Glad to see you back on here, it's been too quiet, lol!

Linda W said...

Very pretty, Aimes. Very creative way to use those colors. And I can see the shine and sparkle on the orange one. Great job! Looking forward to checking out your guest shot tomorrow. Good luck!!

Alex said...

Love the card Aimes :) I hope you had a great time at the SU Event in Sheffield. You'll have to upload what you made!

Have a good week,

Alex x

Sharron said...

So gorgeous! Love all those butterflies and the shiny orange one looks perfect. It really does take 'center stage'! I love this set too and was amazed at all the variety once I saw it IRL!!

Andrea M said...

Hi Amy - this is awesome! I love how that middle butterfly just pops off the paper! It is so purdy! No wonder you can't stop looking at it. I may have to CASE your idea - it's super fab and CAS (two things I love!). Congrats on the guest star stamper spot - go girl!

~amy~ said...

oh I love your butterfly card...perfect pop of orange zest...love it!

Maureen said...

Oh, I missed you!!! Glad you're just busy and everything's okay...Love those butterflies!! Spring is here!! the glitter really adds to the gorgeousness :) In 20 mins I'll be ordering from PTI...my bro is coming up for Easter so I'll have to wait a few weeks to get them :) Had a fab spring break and got some new goodies on our road trip (as seen on blog!!) Thanks for the blog candy call out...with low numbers, though, it's easier to win than PTI!! Have a great week :)

peggysue said...

The butterfly really pops and what a nice job you did on CAS.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I can see why you love this one so much, your flutterbies are gorgeous! I love the bright orange against the blue........very effective! Yet another brill card :) xx

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

splendide, bravo j'adooore

Monica Gale said...

Mmm I love flutters too and your card is divine. It was so great to meet you last Thursday you're just gorgeous and you smelled lovely too. Big hugs xxx

Heather P. said...

This is soooooooooooo pretty! LOVE all that sparkle! :)

AuroraDawn said...

Oh soooooo gorgeous, love it xxx

BethieJ said...

Aimes I LOVE this... simply STUNNING!!! Nice job!!
Have a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, all those butterflies, yum! Love that pop of orange.

Shannan said...

This is so pretty, and love all the sparkle. Great work!

Diane Jaquay said...

Looove this, the way the butterfly just pops out in the center, awesome!

Jennifer K said...

Aimes, this card is fab. I bet it really does sparkle and shine in IRL.

Cammie said...

Such a beautiful card. Love those shimmery flutterbies!

Dana said...

Oh Amy. This card took my breathe away, and I don't even care for butterflies! Simply beautiful and clever, and unique and sparkly, and and and! *sigh*

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.