Monday 22 March 2010

Missing: Mini Eggs!

Hey!

Happy Monday! Hope your week is off to a good start... My drive to work today was rather cheerful in that the sun was shining brightly, I even had to wear my shades and I spotted a few signs that say Spring is truly here! Cue some gorgeous Crocuses in bloom and Daffodils just on the point of revealing those gorgeous yellow petals...ahh no more ice and snow - hurrah!

Talking of Spring (see my clever link there - eh?!) we've got a new challenge over on our PTI blog and would love it if you joined in! Our challenge is to create something to celebrate spring or Easter (it's creeping up y'know!)

I kinda mixed the challenges, we don't tend to send Easter cards in my family as we focus on scoffing the Easter treats! Due to this, I've never got around to owning an Easter themed stamp set. However, I did spot a cute chick in my PTI Daily Designs set as well as a Spring sentiment in the coordinating sentiments set.

So here's a cute lil' treat box to fill with whatever you desire (so long as it fits!). Now my plan was to fill this box with some Cadbury's Mini Eggs (you just can't beat 'em) and place a few in front of my box for this pic; but surprise, surprise, in my bid to find that bag of 'em that I know we had, they're nowhere to be found! Hmmm I don't think it takes a super detective to work out where they've ended up...LOL!

(Sorry for poor lighting, dashed home from work to take this pic but the daylight beat me!)

So this box is SUPER easy to make and just takes up one sheet of cardstock - seriously! The most time was spent on deciding my colour combo! D'ya see that Melon Berry?! Yup, I'm learning to use it and not loathe it! I guess as an accent colour I can make it work for me...

Edited to add: This also qualifies for Lisa Johnson's Poppy Seed Challenge #2! I recommend you play along with this challenge too - fabulous for getting those Spring themed creative juices flowing ;D

Anyways, I digress! So if you fancy joining in our challenge then that would be fab! If you're a European Peep, you could also be in the chance of winning these delicious PTI goodies:

1 sheet of each design of PTI's Turning a New Leaf DP (8x8, 6 sheets in total) and a whole new roll of dark chocolate grosgrain ribbon!

So, what are you waiting for?! Start thinking Spring/Easter and get inky!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

26 comments:

Taheerah said...

Hehe, great little package Aimes, and glad to see you using the Melon Berry! No signs of Spring here though - I drove home in a mixture of hail and huge rain, and no blooms in sight!!

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous project Aimes! I'll be joining you on your challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey even though I don't own an Easter stamp! I'll manage it in one way shape or form ...

How can you not like Melon Berry? Its GORGEOUS! but then I like all the PTI colours ... LOL

Cammie said...

This little treat bag is too cute! The touch of melon berry is perfect with the little chick and the green. I admit it's not one of my favorite colors either. Sorry the props disappeared.:)

Emma said...

Hey tweet thing ;D looking delish -did you eat all the mini eggs lol! Gorjuss and cute - applies to both of you mind.

Have a great week :D

Emma x

Pam W. said...

Such a cute treat bag! And I totally agree about playing along with the challenges. I love 'em!

Alex said...

Cute box Aimes, love the bow and button :)

Hope you're well.

Alex x

Paulina said...

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! Love that scallop grass and that chickie is too cute! I just bought my first pack of Melon Berry cardstock- it's definitely a unique color. ;) Hopefully I can come up with something half as cute as your project!

Shauna said...

oooooh cute! And how did you make the bag/box? I've got some cardstock ready and waiting!

Maureen said...

LOL...I had to laugh at this because whenever we make something with treats in it at my Stampin' Up workshops, it's eaten before I get home!! LOL I don't keep treats in the house for this very reason!! Was it you or Chris? LOL Love the little treat carton :) I can just imagine it brimming with those yummy candies :) I should've asked you when I mailed your parcel if there were any Canadian treats I could've added to it that you can't get there...rats!! Also, is the paper prize from your stash? I had to laugh because it will be replenished in 4-6 weeks ;) I added some various patterned paper to the blog candy half way through...I hope you like it :) p.s. I was trying not to be cheap!! LOL

~amy~ said...

such a fabbie little treat bag sista! I love it!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super Cute treat holder. Love that little chick! Perfect for spring or Easter themes. And you know it is spring by the Cadbury eggs being sold at the check out counters here!

Heather P. said...

Eeeeep! This is so totally ADORABLE! Love it, Aimes! :)

Vanessa said...

Your box is so cute! And I love your colour combo! Ha, those eggs wouldn't have survived here either - but because of me :)

Hugs,
Vanessa x

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

C'est super cute, trop mimi ,j'adoore
Gros bisous

Terri said...

Very cute! I think the melon berry looks great with the spring moss! It is not one of my favorite colors either but it is growing on me too though.

Daniela F. said...

Yay for spring! The last two days were just beautiful, topped off only by winning in your last challenge :) Now that little box is seriously the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!! I like that color combo and it doesn't look at all as if you were struggling with the Melon Berry part.

Angy said...

Love that paper! And your little spring box is just so cute. Keep using melon as an accent and you may just come to love it.

Love, Carrie said...

your treat box is so sweet! you did a great job :)

Elizabeth S. said...

This spring box is just too CUTE!!

Dana said...

Aww, cute chick Aimes. Your box is fabby...I want to try one too. Melon Berry is the hardest color for me to use...but you made it work quite well.
SO glad spring is headed your way. I'm tired of the ice and snow and cold. Hmmm, I wonder what happened to those egss..*grin*

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a pretty little treat box, and that chickie is so ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously so cute! Love that bag and all those polka dots. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love that little chick!

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute, girl! I threw my card in the mix, too! :D

Jenny said...

So cute just love it!!! PS: I have blog candy to give away, come by and see at my blog! Have a great day!

IamDerby said...

Wonderful package! And I am so with you on the cadbury eggs... yum!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.